Redbird Safe Walk
The Redbird Safe Walk is available to all students, faculty and staff members who would like to be escorted to and from places including campus locations, bus stops and apartments close to campus. Redbird Safe Walk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Dial (309) 438-WALK to request an escort.
Call Redbird Safe Walk when...
- studying late at Milner Library or the Bone Student Center
- attending a late night social event (i.e. Athletics, UPB or RSO program, party)
- leaving evening classes, meetings, or work
- you don’t feel comfortable walking alone, for ANY reason
Tips to help you develop a personal safety plan
- Carry a cell phone
- Limit alcohol use
- Remain alert
- Vary your route
- Walk with a friend
- Stay in well-lit areas
- Take advantage of NiteRide